Silvia Desmond- Hoare
Registered member of The National Health Care Practitioner Of Canada since 2002
Certified in Massage, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Myofascial Therapy, CST, Kundalini Yoga and Meditation & Classical Pilates
- 2002 ICT Kikkawa College -Massage Therapy 2200+ hour
- Up Ledger Institute – (CST) Cranio Sacral Therapy & Emotional Somatic Release All levels
- Complimentary Health Therapy – Myofacial Cupping Therapy
- Interntional Teacher Training Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan +500 hours
- Classical Pilates
Classical Pilates Teacher
PMA Certified Member since 2015 (Pilates Method Alliance)
- Embody Pilates 850+ hours Beginners to Advance Mat and Equipment
- The Pilates Center with Amy Taylor Alpers Accessing Your Psoas and Footwork
- 360° Pilates with Benjamin Degenhardt – History of Pilates Breaking down the Mat, Reformer and Cadillac
Silvia has played a big part of the health care industry for the past 14 years in Canmore, Alberta. Trained as a therapeutic massage specialist in Toronto, she combines 2200 hours of education with fourteen years of experience as a registered massage therapist, and five years of teaching Kundalini Yoga.
Silvia is an outstanding Registered Member with the “National Health Care
Practitioner of Canada” (NHPC).
Over the past 13 years Silvia has many upgrades in her skills to provide the best
massage care for her clients, these include; Therapeutic Massage, Myofascial Cupping, Cranio Sacral Therapy & Somatic Emotional Release (Upledger Institute), Advance Assessments and treatment in shoulder joint, knee and back injuries, Breast Massage, Abdominal Massage, lymphatic drainage and Kinesiology taping. Kundalini Yoga and Classical Pilates Training.
Silvia has shifted her focus away from passive modalities towards a more interactive health care approach, favoring Classical Pilates as a way to achieve a better overall fitness, and a more uniform development. Silvia has practiced Classical Pilates for over three years and loves it so much she decided to become a Classical Pilates instructor. Silvia enrolled in the instructors training program at Embody Pilates in Canmore, Alberta, studying under the tutelage of Bonny Lynn Russell, an alumnus of The Pilates Center in Colorado.
Silvia strongly believes that Classical Pilates should be fun and a life long journey to
gain uniform balance with zest and pleasure, as Joseph Pilates had intended it.
Outside of teaching Pilates Silvia enjoys road riding, running with her 4 legged best
friend Chief Takoda and exploring all the wonderful things Penticton has to offer.